COVID-19 Policy for Resuming In-Person Services
We are resuming in-person services in coordination with the Center for Disease and Control (CDC) and both State and County health guidelines. Church will look and feel a little different than you are used to. Most likely you will find a new request that you are not excited about – there’s a couple that we’re not loving, but are necessary to do our part in mitigating the effects of COVID-19.
During our time apart, COVID-19 has taught us how much we value our neighbors (others). Where media, politics and even health orders have created divisions between people, we are seeking to build bridges as we raise the bar on loving one another with the love of Christ. We want you to know that each part of these new expectations are to help facilitate an environment where people are free from the worry of COVID-19 to experience the Presence and power of Jesus.
Here is what to expect:
- Please prescreen for symptoms and take your temperature before you come. If you have a fever or are not feeling well please do not attend. (CDC’s list of symptoms)
- The church doors on the North side of the building will be entrance only doors, while all other doors will remain locked. They will open at 9:50am for all non-volunteers. Please remain in your vehicle or socialize outside with 6ft of distance until the Welcome Team opens the doors.
- The auditorium doors will be marked as entrance and exit only doors to ensure the flow of congregants is efficient and minimizes exposure due to sharing the facility with another congregation.
- Masks are required to wear while inside the church building; we have masks available if you forget yours. If you are unable to wear a mask due to health reasons or are unwilling to wear a mask, please join us for church online through facebook.
- Please practice social distancing (6 ft) whenever possible. The chairs have been rearranged in small family groupings and we ask that you sit with members of your own household only.
- State and County officials require us to forgo Arena Kid’s service at this time. We have assembled a note book for each of the kids and a special treat to help them engage during the service.
- Online services are now a permanent part of who we are as a church. If you’re not ready to come back to church yet or not feeling well you can watch church via Facebook.
These guidelines will adapt and change as the county reevaluates these procedures for churches every 21 days.
Thank you for helping us love our neighbors well!
Pastors Justin & Melanie Simmons